Seeking Volunteer Home-Delivered Meal Drivers
Due to the unprecedented impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, Springwell is working diligently to continue to provide services to our senior community. At this time, Springwell is seeking volunteers who are willing to provide home delivery of meals.* Springwell is an essential part of the social safety net for thousands of older adults each year, and we are continuing to provide the services that are helping them stay safe and in their homes during this challenging time.
We especially need volunteers who can work in the towns of Belmont, Brookline, Newton, Watertown, and Waltham. If you are:
- interested in receiving web based training and support to help us reach vulnerable seniors with critical in-home meals;
- have a reliable car, a current driver’s license, and a clean driving record;
- are able to lift up to 25 lbs;
- have knowledge of the geographic area or the ability to navigate using gps;
- are available between 10 am – 1 pm on at least one weekday for multiple weeks;
- are successfully able to meet the regulatory pre-requisites for the position; and
- are able to provide these services, consistent with guidance we receive from the CDC, WHO and other governmental agencies, recognizing you may come into contact with high-risk members of our community and others.
*Note: These positions are temporary and on a volunteer basis, without compensation or benefits. These positions are considered “essential” and are exempt from the recent “stay at home” order from the governor.